Loan repayment is a natural stage that follows loan application and receipt of money. The procedure and terms of loan repayment are established by each microfinance institution individually and are described in the agreement.
Typically, when you take online payday loans Illinois, loan repayment options can be as follows:
- One-off lump sum repayment. In this case, the borrower pays the entire amount of the debt plus interest on a predetermined day;
- Partial repayment (in installments). The borrower pays the amount of the debt in installments over a set period of time;
- Early repayment. In this case, the borrower also pays the full amount of the debt but before the scheduled date.
- Most microfinance companies that partner with KCFEFCU.com provide many ways to pay off debt:
- Using a bank card through your personal account on the company’s website. In this case, you need to specify the details of your card and confirm the debiting. With this method, repayment occurs instantly;
- A popular way to repay loans is to pay through electronic money, for example, Direct Deposit, EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer), Virtual Currency, and Digital Gold Currency;
- If you do not have a bank card and electronic wallets, it is convenient to pay off your debt using money transfer systems, such as PayPal, Western Union, TransferWise, WorldRemit, MoneyGram, Azimo, Venmo, etc.
- You can repay cash advance loans Illinois using a bank transfer. For this, you should visit the bank branch, provide an ID and payment details. This method is the longest – the transfer can take several days;
- You can also pay off the debt through payment terminals. In most cases, here you need to indicate the name of the lender, enter the contract number and your date of birth. Sometimes you need to indicate the amount of payment;
- You can pay off the debt in cash by visiting a lender’s office. In this case, you need to bring the contract and an ID with you.
All these methods are suitable for full and partial loan repayment.
After paying off the debt, you can ask the company for a loan repayment certificate. The certificate must be signed and stamped. The certificate confirms that the debt has actually been paid and the microfinance organization has no claims against you.
What to do if you cannot repay a payday loan on time
At the end of the month, it’s time to pay the bills, pay the interest. Applying for a new loan is not a solution to the problem. If you have a delay in loan repayment, you will be charged penalties.
A client who contacts an online lender for the first time expects to repay the debt in a short time. But force majeure situations may arise.
It must be emphasized: if you have no money to repay your loan, you will not be able to get rid of loans just like that. Consider possible solutions to repay bad credit personal loans in Illinois. Examine the loan agreement: whether it allows you to request an extension (increasing the repayment period). In this case, the monthly payment will decrease, but you will have to pay more interest.
How to get out of debt – refinancing option
Debt refinancing will be an option for resolving the problem with microfinance institutions. This will help buy time to repay a loan.
Refinancing is a procedure for changing the current conditions of a loan in order to reduce the financial burden on the borrower. While this means some concessions on the part of the lender, many microfinance institutions agree to this since there is no alternative to this method of collecting a debt.
The procedure for the debtor is as follows:
- submit a loan restructuring application to the lender. It is accompanied by documents confirming the problems encountered. Debt restructuring is carried out in the following ways: the terms are increased, the interest rate is reduced, both options are combined or the borrower is given a new loan on more favorable terms;
- give reasons for debt refinancing to the lender;
- carefully read the terms of loan extension contract. Many lenders offer this service on good terms (additional small interest or payment);
- use this service if conditions are appropriate;
- if something does not work out, contact the lender again ves and discuss the problem.
The procedure can give a positive result. The borrower will be offered favorable conditions and will be able to gradually resolve the financial problem and pay off the debt. The borrower will get a more comfortable payment schedule. And lenders are more likely to get their money back with interest.
How to pay off a delayed loan?
Don’t hide from creditors, they can meet you halfway. An important condition is to try to find a compromise. Lenders are often able to help and support you.
There are several ways to solve the problem:
- Restructuring. Do not forget that at the same time you will have to overpay and such a service is not provided to everyone. It is usually available for regular and officially employed customers;
- Contact a pawnshop. The disadvantage of this method is the loss of the collateral if the debt is not returned;
- Borrow money from family or friends. The downside will be the ability to spoil relationships with your close people;
- Refinancing. You can refinance debt with your lender or another financial institution. Always look for better deals on the market;
- Bankruptcy. If the total debts are very large, this is your case..
If you take out a loan, make sure you can afford to repay it on time. Secure yourself with an additional source of income. And if you have a force majeure situation, do not panic. Consider all the options for getting out of this situation. If you doubt your choice, contact a lawyer.
How to decrease your loan interest
The chances of avoiding paying off debt and interest are very small. The only way to lower the loan interest is to try to break the contract. However, a new contract is concluded on new terms.
This is how even large penalty issues are regulated. Peaceful resolution of disputes is more effective than court proceedings. Judges often take the side of the lender because of the contracts signed by the borrowers, which reflect all the conditions, including the specified interest rate. A microcredit company can charge interest on an unpaid loan even if the borrower dies (when opening an inheritance), which is explained by the higher courts.
According to the rules, interest on loan agreements cannot be reduced. Lenders in Illinois will not be able to apply the interest rate on the loan when the contract expires, but the interest will not be lowered to the refinancing rate if the loan is then more profitable than another type of loan. The court will lower the penalty that the lender requires in addition to the loan interest.
How to repay payday loans without impacting credit history
Delayed loans are essentially a verdict for the concept of “refinancing”. However, there are options. You need to start refinancing before the information about the delay arrives at the Credit Bureau.
Which banks are engaged in refinancing loans? There is only one answer: none. What should borrowers do when they have difficulty repaying a loan?
Your first priority is to notify your lender immediately. You urgently need to visit the lender’s office. Most lenders respond appropriately to such cases. They offer the debtor the following options:
- Loan extension;
- Loan deferral;
- Debt restructuring.
If the borrower reports that he or she cannot pay off the debt on time, the creditor organization will offer to extend the agreement. In this case, the borrower must pay the interest that was accrued to him or her at the time of the application. In any case, this amount will be less than the debt.
When it comes to restructuring or the usual deferral without paying accrued interest, then the issue is more serious. A borrower needs to submit a written commitment and a detailed explanation of the obligations and the possibility of their default.
What you should NOT do if you have debts
- Take new loans to close old ones – any of the new loans will not help in solving old problems but will only create new ones for you. If you take any loans, it is recommended to take small amounts and for a short term;
- Hide from the lender. Each person who has taken a loan will sometimes receive SMS and calls from the lender. It happens that the borrower has submitted inaccurate data regarding the place of residence, etc. However, lenders will certainly find a way to contact unreliable debtors. To do this, they use proven tools – credit bureaus and collectors. To apply for a loan, you often need to attract a trusted person or guarantor, which may suffer due to the borrower’s fraud. Among other things, large fines and eternal stress are guaranteed.
9 legal tips for debtors
- Stop taking new loans;
- Try to revise your budget;
- When the collectors began to threaten you and your loved ones, there is only one way out. It is necessary to write a complaint on behalf of each person whom they bothered. Except for the debtor. The collectors will not leave him or her so easily, at least during the first 4 months;
- Make at least 2-3 regular payments for each loan. This will further help to prove your good faith as a borrower;
- Check the loan agreement, carefully read the clauses about how and in what amounts the interest is calculated, and then check them with the law requirements in your state;
- Loan interest is specified in the agreement, therefore even the court cannot lower it. It is only possible to reduce the penalty even if it is disproportionate to the debt;
- Usually, lenders are reluctant to accept early payment installments. You can either pay off the debt immediately or pay it in regular payments;
- You can file for bankruptcy of an individual. You can declare yourself insolvent and start the process when the total amount of debt is very high. Based on the results of bankruptcy, the borrower is released from debt repayment;
- If bankruptcy for some reason is not suitable, you can choose a passive strategy – bailiffs will collect debts in enforcement proceedings.